The season of holiday entertaining is approaching steadily and we want to make sure you’re ready with impressive holiday appetizers that can go from freezer to oven to table in under an hour and a few recipes up your sleeve for bits and bites that take 30 minutes or less when company calls and you’re unprepared.
Every year at The Red Apron we put out a thoughtfully curated array of appetizers that are perfect for cocktail parties, pre-dinner snacking, afternoon pop-ins and as a way to stave off hunger when you’re preparing The Big Holiday Meal (whatever or whenever that might be).
If you’re not sure what’s best for your holiday party, we’re only too happy to help put together a spread that’s sure to impress. Give us a call or send an email and we can discuss how best to feed your guests without breaking a sweat.
Red Apron Holiday Appetizers
• Bacon Wrapped Organic Medjool Dates stuffed with Aged Cheddar
• Lamb Meatballs with Feta & Sundried Tomatoes, Lemon Tahini Dipping Sauce
• Berkshire Bacon & Cheddar Potato Poppers
• Cranberry Walnut Puffs with Blue Cheese
• Duck Flatbreads with Brie & Cranberries
• Dips & Spreads
• Sweet & Savoury Preserves
• Local Cheese & Charcuterie
For dessert options, we recommend keeping things simple and putting out a few different cakes from our freezer section with a pint of two of Pascale’s Ice Cream so guests can help themselves (and you can sit down for a few minutes to enjoy). Alternatively, you could slice up one of our highly anticipated King George Christmas Puddings that comes with ingredients for a boozy hard sauce. We like to whip a bit of fresh cream with cinnamon and maple syrup to top the dense and flavourful cake.
Holiday Appetizers in 30 Minutes or Less
1. Skillet Cornbread with Herbed Jalapeno Butter – we love to slice into thin triangles with a dollop of the butter on top for parties.
2. Crispy Bacon Cheese Puffs – If you’re serving these to vegetarians, we love using some caramelized onions or roasted garlic in place of the bacon.
3. Manchego, Arugula and Bresaola Roll Ups – Use whatever dry cured meats you like best for these simple but delicious hand rolls.
4. Herbed Mushroom Parmesan Crostini – We switch out the cheese for whatever we have on hand for these crostini. Goat cheese and blue cheese make wonderful swap outs!
5. Charcuterie and Pickle Spears – These are easily adaptable to what you like/have on hand and are great for a cocktail party when you’ve only got one hand for food.