It’s official. We are four weeks away from Christmas and that means preparations are in full swing at the Red Apron. We have started decorating the store, hanging the ornaments & decorating the windows. Whether we are ready or not, it’s coming.
So how can the Red Apron help you this Holiday Season?
1: There are four weeks of Red Apron ‘Dinner to your Door’ deliveries before deliveries left of 2019. Ordering healthy, delicious and nutritious meals from the Red Apron means you have more time left in your schedule to get ready. The Thursday meal is perfect for your own holiday entertaining on Thursday, Friday or Saturday night. Whether you are feeding 2 or 20, we have you covered.
2: Our retail fridges and freezers are stocked with Holiday Appetizers including bacon-potato-cheese poppers, pretzel bites & beer cheese, sweet & sour meatballs, dips & spreads, a carefully curated selection of cheeses and charcuterie, crackers & chips, just to name a few. If you are hosting friends for a pre-holiday get together, filling your fridge & freezer with these convenient options will make entertaining a breeze.
3: Red Apron Gift Cards make the perfect gift for anyone who loves good food and doesn’t always have time to shop and cook. It’s the gift that keeps on giving into the New Year!
4: Our freezers are stocked with Turkey Pot Pies & Tourtière which make for simple and delicious dinners on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years, or any time in between. Our 9.5 inch pies serve 4-6 people generously and bake from frozen in under an hour.
5: Shop our in store selection of Foodie Gifts including cookbooks, jams, preserves, stocking stuffers like specialty tinned seafood, fine olive oil, caramel corn, decorated cookies, peanut brittle, and much more.
6: Pre-order your Red Apron Whole Turkey or Turkey Dinner for 2 (or 4-6-8, etc) for pick up in our retail shop on December 23rd or 24th. These freshly prepared meals will make it easy to host a small our large group on December 24th or 25th. Just re-heat, serve, and enjoy your company.
A reminder that we are closed from 4pm on December 24th until 9am on January 2nd, 2020, with Delivery Service resuming on January 7, 8 & 9, 2020. Stock your freezers with Red Apron Take Home Dinners to feed yourself through the Holidays.
This week’s recipe is for a delicious holiday appetizer that we have often made for the retail store. Regretfully we will not be making them this year, but it’s one you can easily prepare yourself.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 8 slices bacon (thin bacon works best)
- 16 good quality plump dates
- 4 ounces goat cheese (See Note on Substitutions)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the dates open lengthwise on one side to create an opening and remove the pit. Using a spoon, stuff a small amount of goat cheese into the cavity of each date and press the sides together to close.
NOTE: You can stuff a lot of different things into a date. We have tried almonds, blue cheese or sharp cheddar. They are all delicious and you could make a variety.
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each date with a slice of bacon and place on a baking sheet with the edge of the bacon on the bottom of the date. Gently press. Bake for for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the dates one quarter turn sound return to the oven to bake for another 5-8 minutes, until browned to your liking, Remove from the oven, place on a paper towel lined plate, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving with toothpicks.